Naturally found essential oils are here to stay much longer than expected. They contain essential vitamins, nutrients, minerals, and antioxidants to maintain health. These factors also apply to a new entrant- castor oil. It comes enriched with many nutrients that offer many skincare benefits. If you were searching for the castor oil price online, we recommend you opt for the product that is made using cold-pressed seeds for the best experience.
A little bit about castor oil
Castor oil is obtained by pressing the seeds of the castor plant (or Ricinus communis). First originated in Tropical Africa, it is a pale yellow and flavorless oil that doctors used to treat various concerns. It was then that people worldwide started to know its potential, which led its way to several countries like Egypt, China, Persia, Africa, Greece, Rome, Europe, and the United States in the 1600s.
A higher castor oil price reflects a superior blend of naturally occurring enzymes, bioactive compounds, vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids. It thus satisfies its reputation as the world’s oldest natural skincare and haircare remedy.
This oil is best known for its therapeutic properties and it is thus often used in the pharmaceutical and skin care industries. It also has enhanced antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory ingredients, making it a go-to ingredient used at home as a DIY product for skin, hair, and nails.
Did you know?
India is the largest exporter of Castor Oil and produces over 250,000 tons of oil annually. In addition, the Indian states such as Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, and Rajasthan have the best-suited climatic conditions that help castor plants to prosper.
Castor oil benefits
Let’s explore the benefits of castor oil for skin.
- Benefits of Castor Oil for Skin
- Treats signs of premature aging: Castor oil is a light nourishing oil that delays premature aging by penetrating deep into the skin and boosting collagen production. It also reduces acne and restores the lost moisture in the skin cells.
- Soothes dry lips: It is enriched with the natural goodness of essential fatty acids such as Ricinoleic acid, stearic acid, and linoleic acid and thus helps provide moisture to heal chapped lips. It also helps retain skin moisture and prevents water loss in the skin cells, thus resulting in softer lips.
- Detoxifies the skin: Castor oil price is also on the higher side because the oil has medicinal properties. The latter helps effectively exfoliate the skin and prevent the buildup of toxins. Massaging with this oil promotes blood circulation, enhancing the skin’s nutrition supply.
- Fights skin pigmentation and acne: Environmental triggers like UV rays and pollution could affect your skin cells negatively, thus causing hyperpigmentation and acne. Castor Oil contains natural anti-inflammatory compounds like Ricinoleic acid and polyphenolic compounds such as quercetin and tannins that soothe skin and treat skin care conditions.
- Promotes and protects skin health: Loaded with powerful antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, castor oil justifies its price by reversing the damage caused by free radicals, reducing oxidative stress, and lowering the risk of skin cancer. It also enhances your skin’s natural glow.
- Makes nails stronger: Rich in Vitamin E, this pale-colored oil treats brittle nails and prevents nail fungus. Also, it makes them stronger and promotes healthier growth with regular use.
- Benefits of Castor Oil for Hair
- Promotes hair growth: Massaging Castor oil in hair provides the hair follicles and scalp the nourishment it needs. Rich in essential fatty acids and nutrients, it improves blood circulation, encouraging hair growth. It strengthens and protects hair follicles from UV rays and pollution, thus reducing hair fall.
- Fights premature graying: Massaging the scalp with Mamaearth Castor Oil helps slow premature graying. It also provides essential nutrients that help the hair retain its pigment and stay stronger.
- Treats frizzy hair: Dry and brittle hair gives very odd looks. But it can be easily treated by massaging it into the scalp as it allows deep penetration that makes hair healthy, smooth, and shiny.
- Healthy Eyebrows and Eyelashes: If you want to achieve shiny eyebrows and eyelashes, this seed-based oil will help you provide them with essential rich nutrients. Applying it regularly for a month will help you achieve shiny, thick brows and stronger & larger eyelashes.
Different uses of castor oil for different skin types
- For Oily Skin: As castor oil may cause a certain skin reaction, it is ideal for diluting castor oil with another non-toxic, nourishing carrier oil like olive oil or jojoba oil. Massing the skin with this mixture for 10 minutes and then rising off with a mild natural cleanser will give you oil-free glowing skin.
- For Dry Skin: Blend a ripe avocado and banana to make a paste. Mix half a tablespoon of castor oil to the paste and add honey. Apply it gently to your face and leave it for about 30 minutes. Rinse your face, leaving you soft, hydrated, and supple skin.
- For Combination Skin: Make a paste by diluting 2 tbsp of castor oil price with turmeric, sariva, and Triphala powders. Now mix 1-2 tbsp of olive oil into it. Stir well and apply it to your skin. Leave it applied for 3o to 45 minutes, and then rinse.
- For Acne Prone Skin: Mix tea tree oil and castor oil and apply it on your face as a spot treatment. Then, massage it over and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- For Sensitive Skin: Generally, this oil is safe for all skin types. However, we recommend you do a patch test before using it for the first time. It prevents chances of skin irritation or allergic reaction.
A safety tip for your kid
Keeping your naughty and cute little child is easier with the safe and gentle Mamaearth Mosquito Killer Spray. Made from the goodness of Citronella Oil, Lemongrass Oil, and Peppermint Oil, it helps protect your child’s sensitive skin from mosquitoes and insects. This Mosquito Killer Spray works great and is safe and gentle for your kids’ sensitive skin.
Castor oil price is worth the benefits it provides for boosting the health of our skin and hair. It is purely a miraculous ingredient. With the ability to cleanse, heal, and enhance the appearance of skin and scalp conditions, it promotes healthy skin and hair within a noticeably short period if incorporated into the daily regimen perfectly. We thus recommend you apply Mamaearth Castor Oil that comes enriched with the natural goodness of natural and nourishing ingredients.
Mamaearth is Asia’s 1st MadeSafe Certified brand that curates products using only natural and toxin-free ingredients. In addition, it is a plastic-positive brand that stays committed to making the environment more sustainable.