Are you fed up of seeing your Netgear Nighthawk router continuously blinking red light? No worries! It’s normal for a technical device to encounter with such kind of issues. And your Nighthawk device is not an exception. Continue reading this post and know how to get rid of the Nighthawk router red LED issue in a jiffy. Let’s start over, shall we?
Before you give any troubleshooting tip a try, let’s first make you familiar with the common reasons that could lead you to experience the red light issue on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Nighthawk router setup process not performed properly
- You haven’t placed the Netgear device at its ideal location.
- Nighthawk router LED light issue can also persist due to software or hardware-related issue with the device.
- Distance between your Netgear router and modem is too much.
- Interference of unknown WiFi networks can also let you experience the issue.
- Internet-connectivity issue from your service provider’s end.
- Too many devices connected to your router’s WiFi.
- The firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router is outdated.
- The connection between your modem and router isn’t strong enough.
That’s it! These were some common reasons that let you get stuck with the Netgear Nighthawk red light issue. Now, have a quick glance at the solutions to solve the issue. Keep scrolling down!
Fixed: Nighthawk Router Red Light Issue
Fix 1: Power Cycle Your Router
One of the major reasons that let you experience the issue is because of the hardware or software-related issue. To cope up with the issue, we advise you power cycle or restart your device once.
Here are the steps required for power cycling Netgear router:
- Unplug your Netgear Nighthawk router from its respective wall outlet.
- If your router is connected with other WiFi devices in your home, don’t forget to disconnect it.
- Count to 20.
- Now, plug your Netgear Nighthawk router back in.
Now, check whether the Nighthawk router red light issue is fixed or not. In case not, head over to the next tip.
Fix 2: Update the Firmware
Performing Netgear Nighthawk router firmware to the latest firmware version can also help you get rid of the red light issue and also improve the overall performance of the device. So, what are you waiting for? Update the firmware of your Nighthawk device by following the steps highlighted below:
- Launch a web browser on your computer or laptop. Make sure that the web browser you are using is up-to-date.
- Access the Netgear Nighthawk router login page via its default IP. To prevent any kind of login issues, do not enter the router’s IP address in the browser’s search bar.
- Head over to the router’s Settings menu.
- Click Firmware Update option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. We recommend that you follow the firmware update instructions in exact given order in order to get success.
Are you still getting red light on your Netgear Nighthawk router? Well, in that case, resetting is the only option left for you. Walk through the instructions provided below and know how to reset your Netgear Nighthawk router:
Reset Netgear Nighthawk Router
- Keep your Netgear router plugged in.
- But, disconnect it from other connected devices.
- Once you’re done, locate the reset hole on your Nighthawk router.
- As soon as you find it, press it gently using a pin, paper clip, or any thin object.
- Hold the reset button and release it.
- The power LED on the device will start blinking. Wait for it to become stable.
When you are done resetting your router, configure it again by following the instructions on Netgear Genie setup wizard or the Nighthawk router app.
To Sum Up
Our troubleshooting guide on how to fix the Netgear Nighthawk red light issue ends here. On the off chance if even after following the fixes listed above, you are unable to resolve the issue, without much delay, drop us a line into the comments section.