The global agritourism market is anticipated to exhibit astonishing growth in the near future because of the rising government initiatives to refine agriculture economy through agritourism. This information is given by Fortune Business Insights™, in a recently published report, titled, “Agritourism Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Direct-market, Education & Experience, and Event & Recreation), and Regional Forecast, 2020 – 2027.” The report further mentions that the market size was USD 69.24 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 117.37 billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.42% during the forecast period (2020-2027).
The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic has affected almost every industry severely. But, due to relaxations in the lockdown measures, numerous companies have begun their production processes. However, they are maintaining social distancing and low workforce to prevent the spread of this deadly infection. Our specially curated reports would help you in better understanding the scenario of various markets. This way, you will be able to adopt the most appropriate strategy to gain success in business.
This Report Answers the Following Questions:
- What are the growth drivers and obstacles in this market?
- What are the opportunities and challenges in this market?
- Which segment is expected to lead in the coming years?
- Which region is anticipated to dominate in the near future?
- Which strategies are being adopted by companies to promote agro-tourism?
Drivers & Restraints-
Transformation of Properties into Agritourism Destinations by Farmers to Aid Growth
Tourism and recreational activities help in generating high revenue for the agricultural farms worldwide. Hence, nowadays, various farm owners are shifting towards transforming their properties into agriculture tourism destinations at a fast pace. This is a major agritourism market growth driver. The Census of Agriculture data, for instance, declared that in the U.S., between the period of 2002 and 2017, these revenues tripled from farms. This proves that investments in the agro-tourism business are surging rapidly as the farmers are suffering huge losses on account of low productivity of crops.
Fortune Business Insights™ presents a list of all the prominent companies operating in the global Agritourism Market. They are as follows:
- Liberty Hill Farm – United States
- Harvest Travel International – United States
- Farm to Farm International – New Zealand
- STAR Destinations – United States
- Stita Group – United Kingdom
- Select Holidays – Canada
- Agritours Canada Inc. – Canada
- Kisima Safaris – Kenya
- Field Farm Tours Limited – United Kingdom
- Greenmount Travel – Australia
How will COVID-19 Pandemic Impact the Global Market?
- The present outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the tourism sector.
- Lockdown measures, as well as the complete halt in transportation in many countries across the globe have majorly affected this industry.
- The market statistics is unpredictable owing to the uncertainty associated with this situation.
- But, the growth is likely to revive in the near future stoked by the improvements in this situation.
Key Companies Engage in Collaborative Efforts to Gain Competitive Edge
The market is highly fragmented with the presence of numerous small, medium, and large sized companies operating from various parts of the world. They are mainly focusing on collaborating with local start-ups to promote their businesses and generate more income for the farmers.
Below are two of the significant industry developments:
- 2019: Field Farm Tours, specialist in the organization of farming based tours worldwide headquartered in the U.K., organized the Devon World Conference, IFMA Pre & Post Tours, World Charolais Congress, Red Poll World Conference, and the 4th World Guernsey Conference to accelerate its revenue and strengthen their position.
- January 2017: Stayzilla, a homestay network in India, joined hands with the Agri Tourism Development Company (ATDC) to promote agritourism home stays in the country. It would help the company in broadening its footprint in the field of rural tourism.