A Netgear wifi range extender works by expanding the existing router signals to far-off areas. Thus, no more WiFi dead zones throughout the home. You can always rely on this device for network-related needs. However, just like every other technical device, you may experience some issues with the Netgear range extender too. Also, you may forget the admin password after changing it. During such a situation, there may be a need to reset the device. Resetting the device makes it forget all the personalized settings and it becomes as though it is a new one. We don’t mean that physically it becomes new, but internally it does. All the factory settings gets restored on it. After resetting to access Netgear_ext, you got to reconfigure it with the home network.
This article is going to help you know more about the reset process and also provide you with a guide to reset your Netgear wireless range extender in case you feel the need to do so.
Prerequisites to Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender
Before we begin with the instructions to get the reset done, let us tell you the prerequisites to the process, such that everything goes smoothly without any hassle.
- Make sure that your device is receiving a stable internet signal.
- Ensure that the power supply is proper and also there is no damage on the wall socket that will be put to use to connect the Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Finally, turn the power supply to the extender on. Get to the reset process only after the device is booted up completely.
How to Reset Netgear WiFi Range Extender?
To reset your Netgear WiFi range extender, we will provide you with instructions for two different methods. You can use any of these as per your convenience.
Netgear WiFi Extender Reset via Reset Button
This is also known as a hard reset and this is the easiest way to get the reset done. Here is how it is done:
- Locate the Reset button on your Netgear wireless range extender.
- Press it.
That’s it. The reset process is completed. Now, it has restored the factory settings and the customized settings are deleted. Now, reconfigure it using 192.168.1.250 and you are good to go.
Netgear Extender Reset via Web-Based Interface
You can opt for this method if you could not locate the Reset button on your Netgear extender, or if you found the previous method a bit tricky. Here is how it is done using the web-based GUI:
- Supply the power to the Netgear range extender by plugging it into an active power socket.
- Wait till the LEDs get stable.
- Now, fetch a computer and open any updated web browser.
- The Netgear extender login web address needs to be put into the address bar to open the login window.
- Once the login window opens up, type the login credentials and click on the Log In button.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Click on the Settings option and then choose Other Settings.
- Once the Other Settings page opens up, click on the Reset option and click on Yes.
- This will begin the reset process.
That’s it about the Netgear range extender reset using the web-based interface. To access its network again, use mywifiext.local or 192.168.1.250 and get the setup process completed.
That’s it about the Netgear range extender resetting. Now, if you are stuck anywhere while troubleshooting the device, you can easily reset your Netgear extender using any of the above-mentioned methods. Though you need to enable the Password Recovery feature in your Netgear range extender settings that will help you to retrieve the admin password, in case you are unable to recover the password, put to use the reset method and reset your Netgear extender to the default settings.
Related Post- Why is There a Red Light on My Netgear Extender?