CUET Preparation 2022: Courses and Preparation
CUET will be held on a set of dates starting mid-July and ending by mid-August 2022. More than 14 Lakh students have applied for different courses this year for the CUET exam.
The exam will be held at different centers, including 500 cities in India and 10 cities abroad.
CUET is set to commence, and the candidates need to buckle their preparation to ace the exam. CUET exam offers a variety of courses, and students can choose them according to their streams and preferences.
This article will help candidates get all the information about CUET and its preparation.
CUET exam is one of the most prestigious entrance exams in the country. The Education Ministry has introduced CUET as a common exam for university admissions to combine this process. The prospect of getting an education and placement opportunities from the central universities is vast as the Central Government governs them.
Candidates can get good packages in the stream they want to select. Approximately 54 colleges and universities will participate in the CUET exam; therefore, it is a huge opportunity for aspirants to get admission to the desired College/University.
CUET Exam: Overview
|Name of the Exam||Common Universities Entrance Test (CUET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|CUET Courses Offered||Undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Type of questions||MCQs|
|Exam Centers||Around 560|
|Mode of Counseling||Offline|
CUET Exam Pattern
Section IA Of CUET
- This section is a Language-Based test and consists of a test in 13 different languages.
- Any 1 language can be selected to appear for the CUET exam.
- Each language comprises 50 questions, out of which 40 are to be attempted.
- The Reading Comprehension section tests the linguistic skills of the candidates.
- RCs based on passages, Factual, Literary and Narrative, Literary Aptitude, and Vocabulary-based RCs can be asked in the exam.
- 45 minutes will be allotted to complete the questions of this section.
Section IB Of CUET
- Special languages Test includes the languages not included in section IA.
- This section includes questions based on Reading Comprehension.
- Some questions based on RC passages, Factual, Literary and Narrative, Literary Aptitude and Vocabulary RCs can be asked in the exam.
- Candidates need to complete 40 questions in 45 minutes time duration.
- This section deals with Domain-specific subjects.
- Section II consists of 27 subjects.
- Candidates can choose any 6 domains in this section.
- This section consists of 50 questions.
- The candidate must answer 40 questions out of those 50 questions.
- The domain section will include Objective Type Questions.
- Questions will be based on the 12th Class syllabus.
- Each domain will be for 45 minutes. Candidates need to complete the questions in the given time.
Below is a tabulated representation of Section II of the CUET exam.
|Typology of MCQs||No. of MCQs||Marks|
|Assertion- Reason Incorrect Statement||4 MCQs||20|
|Table-Based Match the following||2 MCQs||10|
(2 Questions with 5 MCQs each)
- This section consists of General Aptitude and is optional for candidates.
- Candidates need to answer 60 questions out of 75.
- General Aptitude can include questions from General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Algebra, Arithmetic, Mensuration, Geometry, and Logical and analytical reasoning.
- The duration is 1 hour to complete all the questions in this section.
There are a variety of CUET courses that the students can opt for while aiming for the exam. The following languages are included in Section IA. The candidate has to select 1 language each from both the sub-sections.
The syllabus varies for each domain. There are 27 Domain-Specific Subjects in Section II. Candidates can take any six of the domains. These are discussed below:
|301||Accountancy/Book Keeping||316||Knowledge Tradition-Practices India|
|303||Anthropology||318||Mass Media/Mass Communication|
|304||Biology||319||CUET Syllabus For Mathematics|
|305||Business Studies||320||Performing Arts-
(i) Dance (Kathak/ Bharatanatyam/ Kathakali/ Odissi/ Kuchipudi/ Manipuri)
(iii) /Music General (Hindustani/ Carnatic/ Rabindra Sangeet/ Percussion/ Non-Percussion)
|306||Chemistry||321||Physical Education/National Cadet Corps(NCC)/ Yoga|
|308||Computer Science||323||Political Science|
|312||Fine Arts/ Visual Arts||327||Teaching Aptitude|
CUET Exam Preparation
A preparation plan is required to crack the CUET 2022 Exam. Instead of being anxious, candidates must devise a strategy to help them prepare for the exam. Some strategies to plan your CUET exam preparation are given below:
- Make notes of the important topics studied in a chapter and write down the formulae to help you during revision.
- Once you’ve studied a topic, try to recall as much as possible and analyze how well you understand it.
- Practice from the topics you have studied. Solve the questions without looking at the answers, and analyze and correct them if you are making mistakes.
- Sample papers are the best way to practice for any competitive exam. Solve these papers before appearing for the mock test, familiarize yourself with the CUET exam pattern and then give the mock test.
- Always revise the topics you have completed in a day because cracking the CUET exam will be difficult without revision.
- Keep your doubts clear and have a conceptual clarity of the topics if you want to score well in the exam.
- Refer to the standard study material provided by our experts.
- The continuous study is good, but taking breaks is equally important to avoid exhaustion. Take a break every three hours, walk for 15 minutes, solve a puzzle, listen to music, eat something, or do any other activity of your preference. After refreshing your mind, start studying again.