Today, almost everyone uses the internet for work purposes, thanks to the ease of using internet technologies. However, sometimes people face networking issues when they move from one floor to another. This problem can be resolved with the help of the Netgear EX3700 extender. This product allows you to extend your network in your home. If you want to know more about this product and learn how to set it up via Netgear_ext, be sure not to miss out on any of the details in this post!
Leading Steps of Netgear EX3700 Setup
Well, it’s time to get rid of the network problem because, with the help of Netgear EX3700, you can extend your network and be able to use it anywhere in your home. Apart from it, there are two important methods of the Netgear EX3700 setup which are discussed below.
The Following Points Will Guide You Properly:
Netgear EX3700 via WPS Method
Setup, Netgear EX3700 with the WPS button is the easiest way because you don’t need to do many steps in this method.
- Firstly, you need to switch on your Netgear EX3700 WiFi range extender
- Then you just need to locate the best and clean place to set up your Netgear EX3700, but you make sure that wherever you place your extender, the existing router should be near to the extender.
- Thereafter, plug in the power adapter of the extender in the socket, and wait for some minutes until the light becomes stable.
- After that, you need to find out the WPS button on the extender which is usually available on the back side of the extender, and then press the button.
Extra Information: To check the connection status of the extender, you need to see the different colors of lights that symbolize the different meanings. For instance, if your Netgear EX3700 showed the white light it means the connection between the router and extender is good or if the Netgear EX3700 depicts the light amber and red that means the network between both devices is poor and you need to take the extender near to an existing router.
Netgear EX3700 Setup via Manual Method
For performing the Netgear EX3700 setup in a manual way, you need the proper guidance which we have mentioned in the below section.
- Firstly, you need to unboxed your extender.
- Then find out the suitable location for the Netgear EX3700, which is not too far nor too close to the existing router.
- Thereafter, give the power access to the Netgear EX3700 with the help of a power adapter by plugging it into the socket.
- After that, you need to connect the Netgear EX3700 to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- You need to open your laptop or computer and launch the web browser on your device, once you open the browser enter www.mywifiext.net in the web address bar and click on the enter key.
For your information, if while trying to access mywifiext.net, you come across the www.mywifiext.net not working issue, then use the default IP address to do the same.
- Now you can see the Netgear installation instructions on the display, you just need to follow them properly as they are on the screen.
- Once you follow all the above-mentioned points, you need to check the LED light on the extender which showed the setup is successfully installed.
These are the steps of the manual method that would assist you in the Netgear EX3700 setup process. However, in any case, if you face a problem related to the setup then you need to make sure that you apply the method perfectly without missing any points.
Hope, you enjoyed the post regarding the Netgear EX3700 setup and use the above-mentioned methods when you going to set up your Netgear EX3700. Moreover, you can also give suggestions related to the post in the comment section for fellow readers.
Check Also: Guide to Update Firmware on Netgear R7000 Router