Are you looking to boost your Netgear R7000 performance? The best solution is to get the firmware update done on it. This will help to improve the router’s performance, add latest features and enhance security as well. This guide is intended to give you detailed information on how you can get the latest Netgear Router Genie firmware update done on your Netgear R7000 router.
What is Firmware?
Firmware is software embedded in the hardware piece on your device (here, Netgear R7000 router). The sole purpose of this software is to guide the hardware about how to perform. It is written on the ROM of your device. It contains all the instructions that tell the hardware to do what it is intended to do.
Why firmware Update is Important?
It is essential that your device is running the latest version of firmware to have it perform at its best. With advancements in technology, every other day, new features are rolled on for technical devices. It is not feasible as well as practical to buy new devices every now and then to keep up with the technology. To make the Netgear R7000 router remain competent with the latest routers, the firmware update plays a vital role. As mentioned earlier, new features get added to the device with new updates. Also, bug fixing gets done. Simply put, the overall performance gets improved with a simple firmware update.
How to Do Netgear R7000 Firmware Update?
Let us now tell you how you can update your Netgear R7000 to the latest firmware version. There are two ways to update the firmware on your device.
Netgear R7000 Firmware Update via Web-Browser
- Plug your Netgear R7000 into a working and non-damaged wall electrical inlet and turn the power supply on.
- Open any web browser on your laptop, type routerlogin.net and open the login page.
- Type the router admin username and password into the corresponding fields and click on the Log In button.
- You will land on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- On the settings page, select the Advanced option.
- Click on the Administration option now.
- Select Firmware Update
- Now, click on Check. It will search for the new firmware update. If the new update is available click on Yes.
The firmware update will start. This is how you can use the web-based GUI to update the latest firmware on your Netgear R7000. In case you are experiencing routerlogin.net not working issue, then opt for the next discussed method.
Netgear R7000 Firmware Update via Nighthawk App
The Nighthawk app is available for Android as well as iOS phones. You can use this app to manage and control your Netgear router. To update the firmware using this app, do this:
- Unlock your smartphone and tap on the Play Store or the App Store.
- In the search bar, type Nighthawk app.
- Once the search results are displayed, tap on the Nighthawk app.
- Download the app.
- As soon as it is downloaded and installed on your phone, tap on its icon to launch it.
- You will be prompted to enter the router login username and password.
- When you reach the Netgear Genie dashboard, tap on the image of your router R7000 in the settings.
- Tap on Check for Updates.
- If the new firmware is available, then tap Update.
The firmware update will begin. Do not power off the router during the firmware update process. While logging into your router, if you do not know what your login details are and if you haven’t changed the admin password, then check the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 manual setup to look for the default admin login credentials.
This is all about how you can update firmware on your Netgear R7000. Netgear keeps releasing the latest versions of firmware on regular basis. Always keep a look at such updates and make sure that your Netgear router is running on the latest version.