It is a smart world we live in, and everyone is connected with each other thanks to social media. There are a number of social media apps that people use on daily basis and share their posts. One such social media app which is still relevant is Snapchat.
It is pretty famous with the people due to its many features. One of these many features is a Public Profile. If you don’t know what a Public Profile is or how you can make a Public Profile, then you don’t have to worry at all. We are going to be talking about everything there is to know about Public Profile on Snap chat.
What is a Public Profile?
As the name suggests this is a profile that can be viewed by the public all over the world whether you know them or not. This feature lets you display your stories on the Discover tab. If you take a snap somewhere, then people can use Snap Map to find out where you have taken the picture and see all the stories in that area. But in order to use this great feature, you need to set your profile to public.
Who can Create a Public Profile?
Anyone can easily create a basic tier Public Profile in Snapchat. Your account just has to be a few months old, and you need to be a regular user of the app. But if you want to get a tier 2 Public Profile then you will need at least 5000 subs. This will give you analytics and insight into your content which is really useful and handy. To apply to this program, all you need to do is fill out a Google form present on their website.
Create a Public Profile
Now that we have gotten everything out of the way, let us talk about how you can create a public profile on Snapchat. But this feature has not been completely rolled out in all the regions, so you need to check whether it is available in your region or not. Let us begin now.
Step 1: Going Public
- The first thing you need to do is to tap on the profile icon which you see on the top left corner of the screen. Then click on the “Gear” icon on the top right corner which will take you to the settings.
- When you are in the settings scroll down to reach the “Who Can” section. This section will let you set the necessary permissions to reach the public.
- Set the permissions as mentioned below:
- Contact Me: Everyone
- Send Me Notifications: Everyone
- View My Story: Everyone
- See My Location: My Friends
- Use My Cameos Selfie: Everyone
- See Me in Quick Add: Turned On
- Once you have done the changes, close the app and then start it again and your profile will go public. This means anyone from your friend circle can contact you and will be able to discover you in the suggestions.
Step 2: Create a Public Profile
- Open your Snapchat app and tap on the profile icon you see on the top left corner.
- Now you will see a “Add to Snap Map” option under the stories. You will see three dots in front of it which you need to tap on.
- Then tap on the “Create Public Profile”.
(But keep in mind that this feature will be unavailable in some states or regions, so you won’t be able to see that option. But you don’t have to worry because you can change your location by using a VPN and then you can use this option. But if you don’t want to use a VPN then you will have to wait a few days so this feature can be available in your state or region.)
- SnapChat will then introduce you to the new features of tier 1 public profile. Tap on continue and then tap on get started.
- Snap Chat will show you another disclaimer on the screen on which you need to tap on Create.
- Once you have done this, you will be taken back to the settings screen and now you will see a new section called “public profiles” and under that “My Public Profile”. Tap on it and you will get started.
Why Use a Public Profile?
There are a number of different profiles on Snapchat and all of them are used to differentiate between different tiers. Mostly these profiles need approval or submission of forms. But creating a public profile is absolutely free and you don’t need any approval for it. You will be able to get the perks of a Public Profile. So below mentioned are some perks of having a Public Profile which will answer the question that why use a Public Profile.
- The first and major perk of using a public profile is that you get maximum exposure for your content. You can post stories on Snap Map and people all around the world will be able to see your content and know where you took that picture, regardless of the fact that they know you or not. This helps people to discover you more easily so you can share your content with as many people as you can.
- Another great perk of a public profile is that you get a subscribe button on your profile for the viewers of your content. They can subscribe to your profile and never miss your any content.
- You get a highlights section and also your name will be visible on all the snaps which you post publicly. In addition to this, your lenses will also be made public whether these are your creations or your favorites.
Also Visit: TechJingles
Well, this was the article, and we hope it covered everything you needed to know. We talked about Public profiles and how you can make one on Snapchat. We also discussed the perks of having a Public Profile. So, if you are a content creator and want your content to reach a wider audience then we suggest you create a public profile today.