Netgear Orbi routers are known for their awesome performance. However, many users have reported that they are facing issues with their Orbi routers lately. And one such issue is Netgear Orbi not working.
Are you experiencing the same issue with your Netgear Orbi device? If you are nodding your head in yes, worry not. In this article, we have come up with some of the topmost troubleshooting tips that will help you get rid of the issue at hand. So, wait no more, and give this article a read.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Not Working Issue
- Reboot Your Netgear Orbi
Before you take the help of any other troubleshooting step, consider rebooting your Netgear Orbi router. Follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to give your Orbi wireless router a restart:
- Disconnect your Orbi router from the satellite.
- Unplug your Orbi router from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, plug your Netgear Orbi router back into the power source.
- Connect your Orbi router and the Orbi satellite.
Now, check whether you are still facing the Netgear Orbi not working issue. If you are, consider following the below-mentioned troubleshooting hacks.
- Update Firmware
Performing Netgear Orbi firmware update via orbilogin.com can also help you get rid of the Orbi not working issue. So, quite waiting, and learn how to update the firmware of your device by following the instructions given below:
- Connect your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem.
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser and make sure that it is running on an updated version. Also, ensure that the cache and cookies are cleared.
- In the URL bar of the browser, type orbilogin net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear Orbi login page.
- When prompted, fill in the username and password.
- Click Log In.
- On the BASIC Home screen, head over to the Settings menu.
- Click Maintenance, and select Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
In this manner, you will successfully be able to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Chances are that the Ethernet connection between your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem is not stable. If you have used a worn out or damaged Ethernet cable to connect your devices, it is recommended you get it replaced with a new one immediately.
Or, it is recommended that you consider using a wireless source to connect your WiFi devices. Apart from ensuring a strong connection between your devices, also make sure that the distance between them is proper.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Make sure that your Netgear Orbi router is placed away WiFi-interference devices like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, aluminums studs, etc.
Additionally, do not place your Netgear Orbi device in corners or near thick concrete walls.
- Check Connection Between Orbi Devices
There is a possibility that your Netgear Orbi router and the satellite are not synced properly due to which you are struggling with the Orbi not working issue. Therefore, make sure that your Orbi devices are synced properly.
- Reset Your Netgear Orbi
What happened? Is your Netgear Orbi still not working properly? Well, in that case, you are left with no other option than to reset your wireless device.
In order to restore your Netgear Orbi to the factory default settings, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Look at all sides of your Orbi router and locate the Reset button.
- Once found, carefully press it any sharp object that you prefer.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
As soon as you are done resetting your Netgear Orbi router, do not forget to reconfigure it.
Our guide to fix the Netgear Orbi not working issue has come to an end here. We hope that after following the troubleshooting tips mentioned above, you will easily be able to fix the issue you were facing. If you do, do not forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.