IIM Bangalore will conduct the CAT exam this year. The suitability of the admission seekers for MBA education is assessed through this examination. The notification is expected to release around July 31. The registration will start in August till the third week of September.
The CAT Notification will consist of exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, registration fees, exam pattern etc.
Candidates can download the official notification from the official website of the CAT exam.
CAT Exam Date
|CAT Notification Release||Last week of July 2022|
|Start of Registration||1st week of August 2022|
|Ending of Registration||3rd week of September 2022|
|The window opens for Form Correction||4th week of September 2022|
|Mock Test release||1st week of October 2022|
|CAT Official Tutorial Release Date||1st week of November 2022|
|Issue of Admit Card||Last week of October 2022|
|CAT 2022 Exam Date||To be notified|
|Answer Key Release Date||1st week of December 2022|
|Announcement of Results||1st week of January 2023|
CAT Notification: Application Form
The below-mentioned details must be filled in the CAT application form to complete the application process.
- Candidates must log in through the User ID, and Password received at the time of registration to apply for the CAT exam.
- The candidates must fill in the personal details, including DOB, Gender, category, nationality, address, contact details, etc.
- After this, the academic details, including class 10th marks, class 12th marks, qualifying degree scores, etc., will be filled in.
- Candidates must fill in the required details if they have any work experience.
- Candidates must choose the course preferences, the institute they wish to apply for and the city for the interview.
- Six exam cities must be chosen according to the candidate’s preference and convenience.
- Online payment is to be made after filling in all the details in the application form.
The following documents must be attested to while filling out the application form.
|Photograph||Dimension: 30 mm X 45 mm||.jpg or .jpeg||<= 80 Kb|
|Signature||Dimension: 80 mm X 35 mm||.jpg or .jpeg||<= 80 Kb|
|NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate||Self-attested Scanned Copy||<=200 Kb|
|PwD/DA Certificate||Self-attested Scanned Copy||<=200 Kb|
CAT Notification: Eligibility Criteria
Below is the description of the eligibility criteria of CAT according to CAT Notification 2022. Candidates must go through these important details to help them analyse their eligibility for the exam.
IIM has altered the eligibility for CAT 2022. A Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks, 45% in the case of SC, ST, and PWD categories, is required.
Candidates in the final year of the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification can also apply.
Candidates should fulfil any of the following conditions:
Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks.
A professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with the required percentage.
Final year students with the required percentage.
CAT Notification: Exam Pattern
CAT Pattern consists of three sections:
- VARC (Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension)
- DILR (Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning)
- QA (Quantitative Ability)
Candidates need to practice these three sections thoroughly. The candidate must score high in each section to clear the sectional score cut-offs to get shortlisted for IIM. The aspirants need to know the exam pattern to make an effective preparation strategy. Check out the CAT Exam Pattern details to help you ace the exam.
Below is the tabular form of the CAT 2023 Exam Pattern details, as per the changes made in 2021:
|Exam Window||Three Sessions|
|Mode of Conduct||Computer-based|
|Test Duration||120 Minutes|
|Total No. of Questions||66|
|Duration of each section of CAT||40 Minutes|
|Type of Questions||MCQs & Non-MCQs|
|Expected Marking Scheme||-1 for each wrong answer
+3 for every correct answer
CAT Notification: Eligible Degrees
Below are the eligible degrees stated in the CAT Notification 2022. Candidates with the degrees listed below are eligible to take the exam:
|Engineering Degree – B. Tech/ B.E.||MHRD/ UPSC/AICTE Approved|
|Bachelor’s Degree from any University||UGC Approved|
|Final year students pursuing their Bachelor’s degree can also take the examination.||MHRD/ UPSC/AICTE or UGC Approved|
|CA/CS/ICWA/Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of India (FIAI)||MHRD/ UPSC/AICTE Approved|
CAT Notification: Registration Process
The official website must be visited to register and fill out the application form. Aspirants must follow the given steps while filling out the application form. The stepwise application process is given below:
- Candidates must generate a User ID and Password on the official website.
- Register as a new candidate by clicking on the “New Candidate Registration” Tab.
- A page will open where the candidate must enter their details, including Name, Contact Number, Email, DOB etc. and then click on the “Submit” to receive an OTP.
- Fill in the OTP and press the submit button.
- The candidate’s User ID and Password will be generated and sent to the contact details provided at the time of registration.
- Candidates must remember the id and Password for future references.
CAT Notification: Transaction Fee
Below are the transaction fee charges while applying for the CAT exam.
|Payment Mode||Transaction Charges|
|Credit Card (Master/ Visa)||1.20% of the transaction amount and a minimum of Rs 5.|
|Credit Card (American Express)||2.85% of the transaction amount and a minimum of Rs 5.|
|Debit Card (Master/ Visa)||0.75% of the transaction amount for value up to Rs 2000 and minimum Rs 5
0.90% amount for value above Rs 2000.
|Net Banking||Rs 20 per transaction|
|Other payment methods||PayU, BillDesk, and Paytm|
It is very important for aspirants to keep track of the CAT Notification as minute negligence can lead to huge losses. Staying updated with all the latest changes not only help the candidates to prepare well but also score well in the exam. Our website will provide all the latest information regarding the CAT exam. Therefore candidates can keep a check on all the latest information about the exam and want to crack through our website.