Netgear Orbi routers are mesh WiFi systems that allow users to get rid of dead zones in their homes. Although these amazing WiFi devices are working efficiently most of the time, sometimes users face issues with them. One such issue is Netgear Orbi blinking white that can hamper anyone’s internet usage experience. If are also being annoyed by the same issue, then it can be fixed with the help of some tested troubleshooting tips. Keep reading.
Resolved: Netgear Orbi Blinking White Issue
Can’t you stream online videos due to the Netgear Orbi blinking white issue? Fret not! There’s no need to curse your WiFi device. All you need to do is follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips to bring your device back on track:
1. Try Rebooting
Did you try rebooting your Netgear Orbi router? If not, then now is the time. Chances are that your Netgear Orbi router has become a victim of technical glitches. And, rebooting is a proven remedy to get rid of technical glitches.
To reboot your Netgear Orbi router, disconnect your Netgear Orbi device from the wall outlet, let it rest, and connect it back to the wall outlet. Now, check if your Netgear Orbi router is still blinking white. Yes? No worries! Try the next troubleshooting hack.
2. Change the Wall Outlet
It seems that your Netgear Orbi router is not receiving a sufficient power supply. If it is, then your Orbi device might take longer to boot properly, causing the white light issue. It might happen due to a damaged wall outlet.
In that case, consider plugging your Netgear Orbi router into another wall outlet and see if it helps in making your device up and running.
3. Check the Ethernet Connection
Is the Ethernet connection between your Netgear Orbi router and modem alright? Probably not. Therefore, check whether the Ethernet cable connecting your WiFi devices is non-damaged or not. If it is not, then buy a new one.
Note: Make sure that the Ethernet connection established between both WiFi devices is finger-tight.
4. Update the Firmware
You might also witness the white light on your Netgear Orbi router due to an outdated firmware. Therefore, consider updating your Netgear Orbi device in order to get the issue fixed at hand.
Walk through the instructions listed below to update your Orbi device’s firmware:
- Plug your Orbi device into an active wall outlet and connect it to the modem.
- Switch on your PC and launch your favorite internet browser.
- Download the Orbi firmware file on your PC and save it at a convenient location.
- Now, access orbilogin.net on a new tab and log in to your device.
- As soon as you reach the BASIC Home screen, click the Maintenance option under the Settings menu.
- Go to the Firmware Update option and upload the file you’ve downloaded earlier.
- Wait until your Orbi device gets properly updated.
In this way, you can update your Netgear Orbi router’s firmware and add new features to your device.
5. Reconfigure Your Orbi Router
Perhaps, your Netgear Orbi router is not configured properly which has led you to the white light issue. In that scenario, you need to install your device again. Prior to that, restore it to the factory default mode.
You can restore your Netgear Orbi router to the factory default mode by pressing the Reset button. So, find the button, and press it with the help of a sharp object. Your device will be restored to the default mode. Now configure it by following these instructions:
Steps to Reconfigure Orbi Router
Note: Before you start reconfiguring your Orbi device, ensure that you’ve installed the latest version of the Orbi app on your smartphone.
- Unlock your mobile phone and launch the Orbi app by tapping its icon.
- Enter the orbilogin user ID and passphrase of your Orbi router on the next screen.
- Once done with entering the default admin details, tap the Log In button.
- You will be taken to the Orbi dashboard.
- Certain prompts will appear on the screen.
- Read those instructions and follow them in order to complete the setup process of your Netgear Orbi router.
In the Nutshell
The Netgear Orbi blinking white is a common issue that users come across. We hope that the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks will help you in getting the issue resolved with ease.