Hackers are everywhere. You never know if he could be a close friend or even your neighbor. No matter if your WiFi network is Netgear or Linksys, it will only be hacked if it is using the default SSID and password.
In this guide, we are taking Linksys Velop as a reference and brief steps on changing the Linksys name. FYI, every WiFi device offered by Linksys comes with the Linksys router login default SSID and password so that users can set up them with ease. Nevertheless, maintaining the default login details forever is not a perfect idea as WiFi leechers are more liable to lurk over your WiFi network. So, in that case, you should think of changing the network name of your Linksys router. So, keep reading and learn how to make changes to Linksys router name.
Checkpoints before You Change Linksys Router Name
Certain things are there that you need to check before changing the name of your Linksys Velop. Here they are:
• Make sure your Linksys Velop is already configured.
• Get the default Linksys Velop login password handy.
• Hold of an internet browser flaunting the latest software version.
• An Ethernet cable well-working.
• A virus-free device.
Let’s move on and start the process of changing the name of your Linksys Router.
Steps to Change Linksys Router Name
1. Turn on the Linksys Router.
Connect your Linksys to a power source by inserting its adapter into a wall socket. Once done, press the Power button and let the power light on your router gets stable.
2. Connect Router and Modem.
Next, get access to an Ethernet cable and connect your Linksys router and modem using it. Make sure that the connection between both the devices is finger-tight and the cable used for the process is not broken from any point.
3. Launch a Web Browser.
Turn on your device and launch a web browser on it. The browser you select must be updated with the latest software version; you need to keep that in mind.
4. Access Linksys Router Login Page.
Navigate to the browser’s address bar and type default Linksys router login IP into it without making any typing mistakes. Check if the Linksys router login page reveals after hitting the Enter key.
5. Log in to Your Linksys Velop.
As soon as you reach the login page of your Linksys Velop, type the default password. The dashboard of your Linksys Velop will appear the moment you click the Log in option.
6. Change Linksys Router Name.
Reaching the dashboard of your Linksys, navigate to WiFi settings and check for Linksys SSID. Here, enter the current name of your Linksys router and then type the new name.
A New WiFi name will then be assigned to your Linksys Velop router. Now, leechers won’t be able to access your device. Are you facing any difficulties while renaming your Linksys router? Well, To make the entire process of changing the Linksys router name a piece of cake, we have given some troubleshooting hacks as well. So, continue reading!
Fixed: Unable to Change Linksys Router Name
1. Improve Connections.
• Consider placing your Linksys router and modem closer to each other if a wireless connection has been established between both devices.
• If a coaxial cable is used by you to form connections, ensure that it is finger-tight, else you won’t be able to access Linksys Velop router login page and change the password of your device.
2. Use a Clean Internet Browser.
• The browser you are using to change the name of your Linksys router must not contain cache, cookies, and browsing history.
• If still, you can’t get success with the process, switch to another web browser that is updated already.
3. Enter Correct Login Details.
• The Linksys router login password is case-sensitive. Therefore, you are suggested to turn off the Caps Lock key while entering the details.
• Verify the password for typing errors before clicking Log in.
After keeping the above-discussed Linksys troubleshooting points in mind, you will be able to get success with the process of Linksys router name change with ease. Let us know in the comments how did you find the post? Your feedback is awaited.