Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta or IIM Calcutta is the oldest IIM in India. It is one of the best b-schools since its inception. Besides being the oldest IIM, it is renowned for its amazing return on investment. Another factor that makes it stand out among the other options, is its fee structure. IIM Calcutta fee structure is extremely flexible and is not heavy on pocket.
The institute also boasts of amazing placement statistics and the average package offered to students of IIM C is usually accounted above 25 LPA. The placements statistics of IIM Calcutta give the testimony of its stellar repute. Besides the flagship MBA program, the b-school also offers PGP Executive program, Postgraduate Diploma in Business Analytics, and PhD.
IIM Calcutta Highlights
- IIM Calcutta has been ranked #3 in NIRF 2021 rankings and #76 in QS MBA Ranking 2022.
- It is accredited with AACSB, AMBA, and EQUIS. The college is the only Indian institute to be a member of CEMS.
- The faculty student ratio is exemplary with 10:1, and average work experience of faculty lies between 10-20 years.
- The average salary was accounted at 34 LPA and the media salary at 31 LPA.
IIM C admission is still under process. The institute is yet to release the final list of the candidates. One can bag the admission on basis of the CAT percentile and the GD/PI session. The final selection in is based on the cumulative score of class 10th marks, class 12th marks, CAT, gender diversity, etc. Those who wish to study in IIM C must apply for the CAT exam.
IIM C offers a range of courses for students to explore and nourish their business and managerial acumen. These courses are:
- MBA Executive
The eligibility condition of all these courses differs from case to case. One can bag the course of their choice and secure a seat.
When it comes to affordability, IIM Calcutta fees turns out to be truly reasonable. At present, IIM Calcutta fees is 13,50,000, which makes it truly accessible to anyone.
Some of the most important highlights of IIM C placements are:
- The 57th batch witnessed 100 percent placements.
- A total of 631 offers were rolled out by 190 companies.
- The average salary of was accounted at 34 LPA.
- Consulting was the major recruiter in the batch of 2022.
IIM Calcutta fees is extremely reasonable but for students who still find it difficult to afford the education, there are a range of scholarships available. Some of these scholarships are:
– OP Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarship
– T. Thomas Scholarship
– Aditya Birla Group Scholarship
Q. What is the average batch strength?
A. The batch strength increases per year, as per the discretion of management. The strength of the recent batch is 280 in MBA.
Q. What are placements like for MBA Executive students?
A. Students of MBA Executive program at can embark on stellar placements. The average salary of the recent batch was recorded at 28.75 LPA.
Q. Is it mandatory for one to stay in hostel?
A. Yes, for students wishing to study in IIM Calcutta, it is compulsory to stay in hostel. In this way one can be a part of the larger learning community.
Q. Is work experience compulsory for admission?
A. No, work experience is not mandatory to bag a seat. However, having some sort of work experience would help one leverage their application.